Rocco Panetta will participate in the New Technologies Forum conference, organised by the Polish Personal Data Protection Office in cooperation with the New Technologies Law Association and University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw on 20-21st September 2023 in Warsaw. The event will be held under the auspices of institutions and bodies that are part of the state and government administration.
The development of new technologies, the proliferation of e-services, e-government as well as the widespread use of smart devices in our daily professional and private lives have prompted the Personal Data Protection Office to organise another event dedicated to these issues. The growing popularity of the use of artificial intelligence raises the need for a debate on personal data protection in light of the dynamic development of new technologies.
The programme for this two-day event, will address the following thematic areas:
– data protection in the era of new technologies, including trends and challenges related to artificial intelligence, cloud computing, IoT, blockchain, digital entertainment and e-sports;
– ethics and accountability in the use of new technology;
– artificial intelligence and the personal data protection;
– legal and ethical challenges, regulatory frameworks and de lege ferenda proposals;
– information security in the digital age;
– modern digital marketing in the light of personal data protection;
– regulatory trends, new business models, the future of cookies, effective protection of users’ rights;
– key legislative developments 2023/2024;
– the future of new technologies in the light of personal data protection;
– development of new technologies in the context of competence needs and the role of data protection officers.
– supervisory authorities concerned about the privacy and protection of citizens’ personal data in connection with the use of new technologies.